Have you ever left your child in a car ALONE? My suggestion is NEVER EVER do that again…
Jerry Wightman has an almost-tragic story of a woman who left her sixteen-month old in a back-seat of the car with car keys.
Between the time of the mother shutting the back door and opening the front door, the little child pushed the “lock” button.
And that was not ‘enough’, since the heat at that time was about 110 deg F!
You can read the whole story in his blog.
But please read these car-keys safety tips first…
1. never let your children hold the car keys
2. never leave them in the car unattended
3. always make sure that you have everything ready before putting your children into the car
4. keep spare keys of your car, and your house as well
5. keep the car keys out of reach and sight of your children
6. if a child gets locked in a car and cannot get out, call 911 immediately
Thank you for sharing the story, Mr. Wightman.