Studies show that there are numerous benefits you can get from exercising while you are pregnant. Exercise improves your energy levels, blood circulation, and enhances your chances for an early recovery.
Another reason for exercise is moms who work out while getting pregnant has shorter and easier labor.
So, what are the exercises then?
- Walking – It’s the best overall exercise for pregnant mothers anywhere. Low impact, but really good for your heart and blood flow. Walking is usually safe throughout the entire pregnancy. Moreover, it’s the cheapest exercise among all. You can do it anytime anywhere.
- Swimming – Swimming eases the heaviness you feel from weight gain associated with pregnancy. It also provides you with optimal cardiovascular benefits and helps you feel light and refreshed. You’ll sleep better, burn your calories, and stay fresh as you can deal with physical and emotional challenges during pregnancy.
- Yoga – This exercise helps you maintain your muscle tone and stretch out ligaments during pregnancy. If you’re interested, a prenatal yoga class is definitely a good endeavor. You can do yoga almost anywhere. Many women feel comfortable doing it at home. Please beware that it can be harmful if you don’t do it correctly. So, advice from practitioners is definitely essential.
Always consult with your obgyn doctor before starting any program. You should also commit to exercises regularly. Generally at least 30 minutes of exercise and 4-7 days a week is recommended.
**Tips before and during the exercises:
- drink a lot of water to keep you fresh and avoid you from dehydrated
- avoid over-heating as it can endager you and your baby
- stop exercising when you start feeling dizzy or lightheaded
- always do warming-up before the exercise to reduce injury
- cool-down after activities to help your heart rate return to normal
Enjoy your pregnancy!