13 Notes on Massage during Pregnancy
- Do it after only you reach the 4th month, before that it’s risky.
- Never massage your belly. Yet, other parts of your body, like head, shoulder, hands and feet, can be massaged.
- Do it gently.
- Start from lower part of your body then go up.
- Use olive oil, or if you like, essential oil.
- Choose a calm place to do it.
- Do it not more than once a week.
- Don’t do it if you have diabetes, hypertension, or fever, experience morning sickness, and are diagnosed with preeclampsia. Or, to make sure, check it out with your ob/gyn.
- It lessens your stress.
- It lessens swollen feet.
- It lessens cramps on your calves.
- It stimulates good blood circulation.
- It makes you relaxed.